Background: Family owned and operated Jackson Kayak was founded by Olympian and World Champion freestyle kayaker Eric Jackson and reflects EJ’s lifelong passion for the sport. Products designed by and for pros are the same products all our consumers can purchase. Jackson Kayak’s sponsorship program was founded to encourage people to explore rivers and creeks around the world and to push our products to perform in physically demanding environments.
Criteria: Our sponsorship committee evaluates applications based on many criteria, including:
- Appropriateness of activity for using Jackson Kayak gear
- Originality/uniqueness of project
- Demonstrated achievement in previous expeditions, including leadership skills, physical accomplishments, special recognitions/awards, and published works
- Level of safety versus level of risk involved (ability of leader to recognize dangers and prevent mishaps)
- Level of physical challenge
- Environmental and/or social responsibility
Deadlines: Send this application and any supporting materials to Jackson Kayak Communications Director Lee Hart, Lee@BrandAmp.com Materials must be received by January 31, 2010 to be considered for sponsorship in 2011.
Requirements: If your project is awarded sponsorship, you will be expected to carry out the project as outlined in this application, and will be asked to use Jackson Kayak products and provide comprehensive feedback. We will also ask you to provide a comprehensive list of media placements (offline and online) as well as usage rights to select photography and video for a period of two years. Finally, you must enable an RSS feed from your blog to JacksonKayak.com and provide milestone updates about your adventure to the Jackson Kayak Twitter account and Facebook Fan Page.
Note: Jackson Kayak is a member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association. The association’s members represent tourism boards, outfitters and other travel suppliers across the globe. If JK awards this grant, we may also submit your proposal to ATTA for consideration for possible additional travel support.