Emily Jackson 24/11/2011 | Posted in Whitewater
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Today is a day to remind yourself of what you are grateful for…. I am grateful for more reasons than I could ever list. From my amazing family and friends, rivers still running freely and having everything I need, and being able to work for everything I want.
I decided that in Thanks to Jackson Kayak I would do a why I am grateful to Jackson Kayak post and the lessons it’s taught me.
10. Following your heart and gut feeling… No one else wanted to make a kids kayak at the time, but we did, and now every time I see a photo like the following, it makes me so happy!
9. Our bulk head system- sounds cheesy, but every time someone sends me a link or photo and then says I walked away from this, I am so grateful our system worked and the person is okay. Here is a walk through with some sick pitons at the end!
8. Pink Kayaks- Just saying…. I love having a Pink Boat……..
7. Dog Friendly boats…… sometimes your best friend have fur and a tail…..
6. Being comfortable- I can sit in my boat all day- no joke, I do it! Thank you happy feet, sweet cheeks, hip pads, back band, knee positioning, and happy seat for making my boat a lounger!
5. Jackson Kayak employees have taught me that hard work pays off, we have over 130 employees now and each one is truly dedicated to the product and the company. When I go into the factory each one talks about how much they enjoy their work and their work environment, having a positive mindset and a positive outlook on life can make any grueling job seem worth it.
4. Warranty Department, boats break, it happens, it sucks but being taken care of right away- rocks….
3. Employing my family, my uncle is one of our best molders, my brother does video editing, and my grandmother ships you all of your accessories, my husband is in charge of promotional films, my mother is on the marketing team and my dad is the president……… Pretty neat huh!
My Uncle Bill
2. Everything is made in the USA! I am very grateful that my Dad taught me the importance of keeping things in the US. If we didn’t keep everything in the states we wouldn’t have 130 employees, mostly from our small town of Sparta, TN.
1. Work isn’t always about being great at something right away but about discovering your strengths. At Jackson Kayak many of our employees have been moved around, and some more than once. We believe everyone has strength and weaknesses and we try to discover what they are to accommodate each one. I am very grateful to have a team of people support me in discovering my strengths!
-1. Ten just wasn’t enough……. For my 11th thing I am grateful for Jackson Kayak because it has taught me that giving back is one of the most rewarding things you can do in life. From Jackson Kayak supporting local events, American Whitewater, Jessie Stone with Soft Power health or even just supporting groups trying to get kids outside………. Every little thing makes a difference and it in the end you will be remembered for the things you did out of kindness and love, and I hope it’s how Jackson Kayak will always be thought of.
Happy Turkey Day to All and I hope you are reminded of what you are grateful for……