Jackson Cuda Homemade Fish Finder Rig

I wanted to rig the fish finder onto the Cuda without having to drill any holes and for transporting reasons. I ended up doing a scupper mount on the Cuda and velcro the fish finder onto the center hatch deck. This was a budget friendly project that turned out great!

Comments on “Jackson Cuda Homemade Fish Finder Rig”

1. Trey Leggett
    February 17, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Nice and portable!

2. February 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I love it! May just do mine the same way.

3. Tim Parker
    February 19, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Looks good… how do you have the transducer mounted ?

1. Rocky Ly
      March 1, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Tim- I have mines scupper mounted as seen in the pictures.. Once you have it adjusted in the right angle and it being flushed. I tighten up the bolts so that the transducer stays in that angle every time I plug it back into the scupper hole.

4. Steve
    February 20, 2012 at 2:05 am

I have a 2011 Coosa Elite and need a unit read structure, any recommendations? I was looking at the Humminbird 120 fishin buddy but am not sure if that would be the best bet. Any suggestions how to mount on the kayak?

1. February 29, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Steve, lots of ways to mount. You can stage a side mount using Talon and other mounting systems so you can take the sensor off at any time. But… I mounted it under my seat in the bottom of the kayak as recommended by Hummingbird… works great and because the Coosa has such a big front hatch, I was able to reach surprisingly far into the bottom of the kayak to the flat area to mount it as they instruct… barely got any goo on my hands ;-)

2. Rocky Ly
      March 1, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Steve- I recommend going with Lowrance new Elite 4x DSI- pretty awesome Fish Finder so far, and affordable too!

5. Tom Dawson
    March 19, 2012 at 7:58 pm

This was a great idea! I just bought a Cuda yesterday and used this to mount my transducer from a Garmin Echo 300. The only thing I did different was I used pop rivets with a washer on the inside of the scupper plug to keep them from pulling through. I mounted the rivets down about halfway so they wouldn’t rub on the plastic too much and then wrapped it similar to what you did. Again, thanks for the great idea!