Long Boat Karma…. first pre-production boats to hit the water at Gauley!

Plug is ready to make the mold!

We have kept this a secret for some time, but not any more!   We put this boat on your order forms and many were asking, “What is a Karma 5000″?    Here it is!  It is a 12’10” long, fast, fun to paddle, stable, river running kayak that will also be a racing machine!     We wanted to give your customers a Jackson Kayak long boat to help complete our river running line up.

River Runners:

short Hero

sporty Fun Runner

stable fast carving Zen

all around creeker/river runner and steep machine Karma

Tandem Dynamic Duo

finally the long boat, the Karma 5000.    This boat will be renamed before it is all over.   Feel free to send in your naming suggestions.      Get your order forms filled out with a demo and retail of this one!

Comments on “Long Boat Karma…. first pre-production boats to hit the water at Gauley!”

1. alp can
    September 15, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Eric, I have Been paddling old school and also the new long boats .i am very curious to see and demo the new boat , how can I get a look ?

1. September 16, 2013 at 12:53 am

We will have images of the prototype out soon! Be sure to check in on our Facebook page as well as the website! as for demoing one out we are still in prototype mode, but we will get them out as fast as possible as we all cant wait to paddle it
      Emily Jackson

2. MIke McKay
    September 22, 2013 at 2:06 am

I would like to get some more info on ordering. Who would I contact?

1. September 24, 2013 at 12:51 pm

We’re still in prototyping phase with this boat, so it’ll be a few months before they’re available. Once they’re in production, you can get one at any Jackson Kayak dealer ! The boat is SWEET!!!!!!!!

3. Adam Turner
    September 24, 2013 at 12:48 pm

No pics!!!? Man I hate you guys. ha

4. Jacques
    September 30, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Can’t wait to see it. I’ve been looking at long boats since last year. I’ve been looking at the Dagger Green but I’m a JK fan (most comfortable outfitting for my back).

5. Leonidas the Brave
    September 30, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Given your geographic location and the power that which this vessel will harness:
    I suggest this boat be name the Jackson Spartan.
    Good day

6. Bill Wilson
    January 27, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Very excited about this new fast boat I want one for Ocean Play /Rock Gardening currently using the new LL Stinger XP which to be fair to LL is truly awesome trouble is they forgot to put a rear bulkhead in which is essential in the ocean environment. I appreciate Ocean play is not the primary design brief for these boats but they work very well in confused water.

The Ocean Play market is ripe for a boat like this so I am hoping you can produce a version for these of us who play the sea.

Good Luck it will need to be fast to put the Stinger to bed.

1. January 28, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Hey Bill –

We aren’t trying to ”Put the Stinger to bed” but we have been listening to some of our Ocean-going Team members who echo your thoughts exactly and have a really different ‘take’ on the long boat idea to offer. Planing hull and higher edges make a world of difference!

Not sure about the rear bulkhead yet, but we are certainly considering a Rock Garden version like you describe.

Cool to see the Tsunami Ranger tradition continues and I can’t wait to try this not-so-new but fun looking sport!