Outriggers for fishing

I love my Coosa and wanted a little bit more stability when standing on my boat. So , I looked around the internet and different sites for ideas on ho to make outriggers and this is what I came up with. I think it looks lie the best one I have seen out there and looks great on my Coosa!! If you want more information on how I did it let me know! Thanks Jim

Comments on “Outriggers for fishing”

1. David Brown
    July 29, 2014 at 5:19 pm

I have a cuda 14 and would like more info on how / parts used in your installation. It would be great to have more stability.

2. Mark
    August 1, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Looks good.
    Is there a reason for mounting forward?
    Could a person mount just behind the seat?

Might make for easier fishing.

3. Lee
    August 1, 2014 at 8:44 pm

How’d you make those pontoons?

4. Larry
    August 1, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Woh, do I know someone that will really appreciate this article on pontoons? My fishing pal has just tried out a homemade set of pontoons for fishing from his yak but I can guarantee they aren’t as special as these. I haven’t seen his yet but what I do know about their construction is that an old aluminum lawn chair gave it’s life in the design. This design with the Scotty rod holders is sweet and looks very practical. Great job!

s

5. mtnmarge
    August 1, 2014 at 11:20 pm

I’d appreciate the instructions for the outriggers. They look really good. Thanks

6. Larry Tomberlin
    August 2, 2014 at 1:55 am

I am in the process of building outrigger pontoons for my kayak and canoe. but I think yours may be a better idea. I am building a torpedo shape 6 in pvc tube which is adjustable to slide in and out. approximately 5 ft long. can I get more details on your system

Larry Tomberlin

7. Michael
    August 2, 2014 at 4:00 am

Yes please. tell me everything about this set up.
    I have a Coosa and am trying to devise some outriggers but so far unsuccessful.
    I’m from Australia so hopefully the components are available here.
    Thanks in advance, Michael.

1. August 4, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Hi Michael,
      I know that Scotty make an accessory kit for outriggers. It should work on Coosa and I am sure Scotty have a retailer in Australia. Might be easier to order those than DIY.

8. Steve Clayton
    August 2, 2014 at 4:18 am

I have a Cuda 14 but I like the outriggers you have on your Coosa. Please send details

9. Steve Clayton
    August 2, 2014 at 4:20 am

Please send details. I would like to try them on my Cuda 14.

10. Martin Alvarez
    August 2, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Need more info on out riggers. I have the same coosa, the blackwidow. I love it but would also like more stability.

Please advise.

Thx,
    Martin

11. David Brown
    August 3, 2014 at 4:16 am

How long does it take to post my reply?

12. barry kenner
    August 3, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Hello Jim,
    What a great idea. Are their any details you can share? Is that pvc and what length and width and thickness 1″ or 1 1/2″? For foam did you use pool noodles?

13. Michael MINICOZZI
    May 15, 2015 at 2:19 pm

This looks great. I have the rod holders and ball mounts. How did you make the rest?