Bridgett Howard 06/10/2017 | Posted in Internationalisation, Press, Press Releases, United States
JACKSON KAYAK ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF COOSA FD KAYAK WITH FLEX DRIVE FOR HANDS-FREE OPERATION
SPARTA, TN (October 2017) – The highly anticipated Jackson Kayak Coosa FD kayak with Flex Drive patent-pending prop-driven capabilities which allow for hands-free forward and reverse propulsion is being launched. Named the ‘Flex Drive’, it consists of a dagger board protected, tri-prop propeller combined with unique articulation of the prop system that gives the Flex Drive increased performance over other drives and helps keep the system clear of obstacles and easy to clean. Jackson Kayak’s Flex Drive System can quickly adapt from deep to shallow water navigation without having to move the main pedal drive unit.
The Flex Drive is easily deployed with the flip of a lever, has adjustable pitch prop blades, a 12/1 ratio and an interchangeable electric motor driven head unit to be released in 2018.
Kayak anglers will appreciate these Coosa FD features:
- Patent-pending Flex Drive for hands-free forward and reverse propulsion
- Three propeller propulsion unit is protected by a dagger board for navigating shallow waters
- Hinged prop cover can be partially closed while the prop is raised to keep drive housing area covered. When drive is deployed, it can be completely closed and sealed. Sealed drive system sits above the waterline keeping water-related wear and rusting at bay.
- Built on top-selling Coosa platform with longer hull with less rocker for speed and tracking
- Wider hull offers a stable standing platform for anglers of all sizes, all experience levels and accommodates gear well
- Ergo Seat with 3D breathable mesh fabric and improved lumbar support can be reclined for better positioning for pedaling. With Hi-Lo and Fore-Aft trimming for better comfort and ergonomics while pedaling – sits higher than our traditional Hi-Lo system in the high position. The Ergo seat can also be removed for use on shore.
- Hypalon Paddle Blade Keeper keeps your paddle out of the way but within reach. Resistant to UV damage and extreme temperatures, keeps paddles safe.
- Sealed, molded-in tubes protect rod tips
- Various standard RAM and flush mount rod holders
- Standing pad for comfort when sight fishing
- Large bow hatch with easy opening latches
- Large rear hatch with easy opening latches. Also allows access to rudder system to switch from left-handed to right-handed rudder control.
- Integrated rudder control system for easy directional changes while pedaling also converts to left-handed or right-handed control.
- Designed to easily add on Raymarine® and Power-Pole® accessories for customization
- Convenient track-mounted tumbler holder comes with 27oz double-wall insulated Orion Tumbler.
- Line Cutterz fishing line cutting ring that easily and safely cuts all fishing line conveniently located on seat frame
- Suggested retail $ 2,999
“We wanted to develop a pedal system that addresses the real-world problems and needs of serious kayak anglers – problems like launching and beaching without having to move a cumbersome system; being able to push over obstacles; simple loading and unloading from car rack systems; versatility and flexibility for a wide variety of water conditions, etc. The Flex Drive solves those problems, and is an exciting new addition to the Jackson Kayak lineup of innovative solutions for kayak anglers,” explained Damon Bungard, Jackson Kayak Product Manager.
About Jackson Kayak: Jackson Kayak was founded in 2003 by Eric Jackson and Tony Lunt. Located in Sparta, Tennessee, near the Caney Fork River, Jackson Kayak designs, builds, and manufactures leading whitewater, fishing and exploration paddlesports products. With the motto “Build it like it’s your own”, all products are Made in the USA in growing support of the local Tennessee economy. Market leaders in both the whitewater and kayak fishing, kayak manufacturing and strong in the exploration sector, Jackson Kayak continues to introduce new product lines each year. Jackson Kayak’s success is largely due to delivering high quality products through paddlesports specialty shops globally; all supported by regional, national and international team members who are engaged to promote the paddling lifestyle.
Media Contact: Kim Emery, Firefly Publicity firstname.lastname@example.org