Planning and managing logistics, warehouse, shipping, receiving, inventory and transportation. Thorough understanding, involvement and optimization in key elements of order cycle in conjunction with customer service.
Jackson Kayak Inc is the home of the brightest brands in the outdoor industry. We manufacture Jackson Kayaks, Orion Coolers, and now Blue Sky Boatworks at our headquarters located at the base of the Cumberland Plateau in Sparta, TN. Our company began fourteen years ago based on the passion to produce products that we love to use. You can now find our kayaks and coolers at dealers and distributors around the world. We have a welcoming culture that combines a strong work ethic with the importance of personal growth and recreation. Enjoying our beautiful outdoors by boat, car or foot is just one of our benefits. If this excites you then please contact us about our latest opening.
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Manager who has the desire to be a key management player and make a significant impact in ensuring our success.
Logistics manager responsibilities include organizing and monitoring warehousing and distribution of goods.
A primary goal is to manage key elements of the order cycle in conjunction with customer service so as to enhance business development and ensure sustained customer satisfaction.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate order cycle in conjunction with customer service
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Manage cycle count program, including root cause analysis of variances and coordinate related corrective actions
- Arrange warehouse, accurately locate goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Recruit, supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations as required
- Record of successful logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficiency in typical ERP system processes (Infor Syteline or CSI a plus)
- High level of proficiency in Office applications, especially Excel (Access a plus)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- BS in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or equivalent experience
Please contact Dave Gallaher at email@example.com.
Experience and Jobs and Duties – 1-3 year experience required
• Microsoft Office proficient – Word, Excel & Access
• Math Skills – Basic Algebra and Accounting math, such as working with percentages
• Ability to retain high volume information
• Issues Invoices to customers – Seasonal high volume
• Issues monthly customer statements
• Process credit memos
• Update Customer master file with contact information
• Post customer payments by recording cash, checks and credit card transactions
• Maintains customer records, invoices, debits and credits
• Account reconciliations
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales,
trade promotions, customer service department and from the customer
• Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
• Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line;
coordinating contact with collections dept.
• Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, verifying totals and report preparation
• Protects organization value by keeping information confidential
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
• Accomplishes accounting and organizations mission by completing related results as needed.
• Identify and resolves customer disputes – Conflict resolution skills
• Problem Solver
• Familiar and basic understanding of general ledger accounts
• Journal Entries
• Familiar with export shipments overseas and document terminology
• Familiar with foreign currency exchange
• Fast independent learner
• Independent worker – Self motivated
• Detail Oriented, organized
• Follows direction and procedure
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Collections experience – Assertive yet professional
• Ability to negotiate terms and discounts and make decisions independently
• Team Player
• Willing to face each day and the various challenges it may present
• Must love coffee and working hard in an upbeat yet high volume activity environment
• Hourly Compensation is determined based on experience.
• Paid Vacation including major holidays set by the company
• Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance with subsidy by Jackson Kayak
• Employee Discount for all Jackson Product and opportunity for industry discount deals from other manufacturers
• Optional Personal Phone discount through our Company Program.
• Exciting Work Environment with Strong Team focus.
Jackson Kayak, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact Dave Gallaher, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org