Customer Service Job Description
Position: Customer Service Representative
Immediate Supervisor: Customer Service Manager
Location: Sparta, TN- World Headquarters of Jackson Kayak Inc.
General Responsibilities: Provide outstanding customer service to our Dealers and Consumers for all of our growing brands including Jackson Kayak, Orion Coolers, and Blue Sky Boatworks.
- Primary Focus: Sales Order & Data Entry Orders will come mainly through email or will be passed on from other team members. Order Confirmations will be sent back to dealers with other team members copied. Data Entry will include new customer account info, new custom part numbers.
- Secondary Focuses: Resolving Issues for End Consumers and Dealers by email and phone. Issues could include simple product questions, advanced product usage questions, quotes, inventory checks, warranty cases, tours.
- Assist Sales Team to maximize our efforts in reaching our Sales Objectives and Goals.
- Assist the entire Company to obtain our Company Objectives and Goals.
- Dependable resource for all customers. (Dealers and Consumers)
- Be knowledgeable about products, programs, and services.
- Provide accurate information over the phone and in-person.
- Understand and effectively communicate all programs to all customers.
- Execute other projects as assigned by senior staff.
- Input orders accurately into system.
- Do routine account maintenance.
- Confirm preseason orders.
- Execute requests for support from Sales staff
- Assist with Dealer Maintenance including New Dealer Set Up
- Back order monitoring.
- Answer Orders@ E-mails.
- Assist with Consumer Interaction (Non-warrantees)
- Back up other CS Staff when absent
- Job may include limited travel for shows and events. Being able to drive is a plus but not a requirement
- Being comfortable lifting 40 lbs. at events is important
- Duties may be adjusted in the future by Customer Service Manager.
- Previous data entry experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Team Player, polite, empathetic and friendly.
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solving Ability
- Proficient Computer Skills using MS Office (Excel/Outlook/Word) and Gmail, Google Docs and Google Groups. Access experience is a plus.
- Multi-task ability and fast learner
- Background with ERP systems a plus.
- Normal Working Hours are Monday-Friday 8-5
- During Peak Season (March-July) will/may have over 40 hour weeks and Overtime is provided when approved by Customer Service Manager.
- Hourly Compensation to be determined based on experience.
- Paid Vacation including major holidays set by the company
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance with subsidy by Jackson Kayak
- Employee Discount for all Jackson Product and opportunity for industry discount deals from other manufacturers
- Optional Discount Personal Phone discount through our Company Program.
- Exciting Work Environment with Strong Team focus.
Jackson Kayak, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit your resume to email@example.com or in person at 3300 McMinnville Hwy, Sparta TN 38583.