· Name: Ashley Bungard
· Nickname: Ash
· Height: 5′ 3″
· Hometown: Vergennes, VT
· Advocate for Which Kayak: Ibis
· Why you are so excited about this kayak or what you love about it: I see the Ibis as a highly attractive option for recreational kayakers and hope to help get the boat out there for people to see…especially as I go paddling by! The wide cockpit and Elite Seat makes for a casual comfy ride. The sleek bow makes for a faster ride than I would expect from a standard recreational kayak, without losing any stability that makes it friendly to paddle.
· How you got into kayaking: The house I grew up in is about 15 minutes away from Lake Champlain, 3 minutes from the Otter Creek and close to many other rivers and ponds. After trying some of my friends’ kayaks, I decided to get one of my own in college. I got lessons the first summer with my new boat from a whitewater kayaker that I met through work…who is now my husband. 🙂
· What rivers we can hope to meet you on: Who knows where I’ll be! There are so many options in Vermont, New England and otherwise!
· One place you hope to take your kayak at some point: Belize!
· Something Crazy About you: We have an odd assortment of pets…we have 9 snakes of various species, 2 crested geckos and a miniature dachshund.