Tellico Offers Picture Perfect Easter Weekend Paddle!

Emily and I paddled the Rogue 9 and 10 down the Tellico yesterday under blue skies, 80 degree weather with hundreds of happy boaters!    Easily the picture perfect paddling day.   Great water levels, clear water, warm weather and we found a great place to park the RV at the put-in.   We did a run with the Keel Haulers out of Ohio.  Dane was using his new Canon 7D camera, and we were paddling our newest creation, the Rogue.   The Rogue is a fast downriver whitewater kayak that creeks, river runs, does overnighters, and clears alot of flatwater fast!

Chattooga on Friday, Tellico on Saturday, with a brief stopover at the Cartecay River to say “hi”.     Today was a Rock Island Day- caught some Striped Bass on the Caney Fork in my Coosa, and ate about 5 pounds of ham!

Great, weekend!

Thanks everyone for a wonderful time!

🙂

EJ

Comments on “Tellico Offers Picture Perfect Easter Weekend Paddle!”

1. Larry Stewart
    April 25, 2011 at 12:20 pm

It was great meeting you guys at the put-in. We were out there enjoying the Tellico with you. The new boats looked great coming through Baby Falls! My wife has some great pics of all 3 of you! Keep up the great work on the boats! Tell Dane; the Super Hero, and the guy in it(me), that pitoned the rock at Diaper Wiper was unharmed …. Super Hero=Super tough! I should have just stayed left like I normally do! 🙂

1. Ryan Rife
      April 25, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Larry, how did I miss you there this weekend? I took my brand new shiny Villian S down with Tommy & Geoff for the first time. Geoff decided to boof me on the first drop and I ended up swimming….needless to say that pretty much scrapped the shine off the boat (still looks pretty good though).

2. Matt Sissom
    April 25, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Eric,

It was awesome to meet you and your family at the put in on Tellico Saturday. That was my first trip down the Tellico and having you guys right behind us made it all the more important to keep it upright! New boats look great, keep up the good work!

3. mikyung Jeong
    April 26, 2011 at 12:01 am

It is what I want to know about Rouge..Eric, I sent you an email,check and reply me…I also enjoyed kayaking Sat.and Sun in Korea.

4. Carolyn
    April 26, 2011 at 2:10 am

Hi E.J. It was great paddling with you,Emily, and Dane. Being my first time on the Tellico, it was great to have you showing us great lines on the river. You three made it look so easy and Jeff got some great photos, especially at Baby Falls. If you ever want to run the Lower Big Sandy, Upper Yough,Fikes,or Meadow and want some company just give the Keel Haulers a call.

5. Delane
    April 26, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Our group of Smith River Valley Canoe Club paddlers were stoked to see you guys heading upstream as we paddled down the Tellico. It was my first trip to Tellico Plains, great river, great weather, great group of folks on the water. Loved running Baby in my Rocker.