Big Tuna photo-fest!!!!

Ok, ok, I hear you loud and clear!  “We want Big Tuna photos!”  So, what I’ve just done is uploaded some below that we’ve been taking while out on the water filming the promo video.  I hope you enjoy the variety of photos showing off the versatility of the Big Tuna!

Initial thoughts on this boat are pretty much…it is incredible! Seriously, about the only thing I’ve found it can’t do is be a good boat in small rivers/creeks, but of course it isn’t supposed to and that is what the Coosa is for! Between one, two, three or four people, with over 110 seating combinations to go along with the amazing “Tuna Tank” no hassle live well this thing is loco!!! If you happened to be someone who hasn’t been able to find a decent paddling solo boat that you can stand in, you just found it. For those that have been needing to take an extra passenger along, comfortably, uh, you just found it. For those who have been wanting to easily keep live bait alive without have to buy an aftermarket live bait well that uses electricity or plumbing, you just found it. For those guides wanting to drift rivers while you put your client on the fish or show them a good time on the inshore flats while you sight the fish and say “2 O’clock, big school of reds, cast, cast!!!” You’ve just found your solution. If you have simply needed a larger weight capacity because you’re a big boy…this is a big boy’s kayak!! For so many reasons, the Big Tuna will be the solution for so many people and we can’t wait to see what you’ll do in your Big Tuna now that they are hitting stores!

Keep in mind you can click on the set separately and even download the high res version if you need it. Also, feel free to go “full screen” to get the real impact!

Comments on “Big Tuna photo-fest!!!!”

1. Eric Schaaf
    April 12, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Fantastic Drew!

1. ron
      April 20, 2012 at 3:22 am

no yum yum yellow for the ocean though. How about blue and white

2. Ed Hulsey
    April 12, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Looks awesome. Where is the seat normally positioned in the solo setup?

3. Hank
    April 12, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Awsome pix show. bye the way, what brand of dog leash is that on the anchor?

4. Cliff Welty
    April 14, 2012 at 4:50 am

These are great fotos! Now I can finally see the hull design and all the features. Can’t wait till I can get my hands on this one. Love the yellow is it available?

5. Michael Petrizzi
    April 16, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Are you planning on selling a version of the Big Tuna without the livewell?

6. john dunnan
    April 20, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Nice finally some good photos, I love this thing and can’t wait to get my hands on one. I will hopefully get to try one as soon as my dealer gets one. GREAT job guys!

7. Dan
    April 22, 2012 at 2:04 pm

The pictures look great! I am anxious to see a video walkthrough similiar to the one that was posted for the Cuda. Here area a couple of questions I have: A couple of the pictures show Drew with three kids. In the picture I see a total of four elite seats, is it possible to paddle the kayak in this position, i.e. are the seats in an actual mounting position and stable enough? I have the need to be able to bring a 7 year old and a 4 year old with me, so I would only need three seats in the kayak. My second question is the hull design and how it paddles, would it be able to keep up with someone in a Cuda?

1. July 12, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Hey Dan,

The picture with the four seats is fine for a very easy paddle, the one in the back is not in a bracket. Having both of them back to back in the front is much more secure. You would have to order the extra seat. Personally, I’ve paddled both and the Big Tuna takes a few strokes to get moving, but once it gets moving it glides through the water like a big ol’ Cadillac. The hull does have more rocker than the Cuda so it is a little more manueverable. It keeps up with the Cuda quite well, not quite as fast in full out paddle but for two buddies paddling side by side, it won’t be an issue. Like I tell most people on here, I would recommend finding you closest dealer and paddle their demo boats. Good Luck and happy paddling! Hope to see some awesome pics of you and your youngin’s

2. Derek
      July 13, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Depending on what you are planning on doing you could just have the kids on the floor of boat. I had 2 five year old and a 7 year old in mine recently and they sat in front of the seat in the solo position and behind on in the tankwell or on the deck lid. The ride was dry and they all loved it. The seats work well for fishing but you may find it crowded fishing with 3 people in the boat. I just posted some info which you may find helpful on my Jackson Blog at http://life.jacksonkayak.com/dnva/

8. ron
    May 4, 2012 at 4:13 am

may 3rd no big tuna yet. Where are you guys getting them?

9. ron
    May 4, 2012 at 4:17 am

although I am not sure I could fish my big tuna if it was as nicely equipped as the photos! I would be to heavily distracted by the shoreline decorations. You must still be young and lack focus!

10. ron
    May 12, 2012 at 1:19 am

may 11 2012 no Jacksons kayak big tuna yet? where are you guys getting them. Local dealer seems unable to get any.