The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Jackson Kayak Inc is the home of the brightest brands in the outdoor industry. We manufacture Jackson Kayaks, Orion Coolers, and now Blue Sky Boatworks at our headquarters located at the base of the Cumberland Plateau in Sparta, TN. Our company began fourteen years ago based on the passion to produce products that we love to use. You can now find our kayaks and coolers at dealers and distributors around the world. We have a welcoming culture that combines a strong work ethic with the importance of personal growth and recreation. Enjoying our beautiful outdoors by boat, car or foot is just one of our benefits. If this excites you then please contact us about our latest opening.
We are looking for an experienced Controller who has the desire to be a key management player and make a significant impact in ensuring our success.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee all control systems and transaction-processing operations necessary for the integrity of accounting data
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of periodic and annual reports
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Coordinate the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors as required
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Supervises: All accounting staff
Required Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience with 10+ years of progressive responsibility. Manufacturing and ERP systems experience are also required.
Preferred Qualifications: Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation, Infor Syteline / Cloudsuite Industrial ERP experience.
How to Apply: Interested applicants can email a resume to HR@jacksonkayak.com
Jackson Kayak is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.”