Coosa FD(6 reviews) Write a Review
The Coosa FD combines the top-selling Coosa HD hull and deck layout with our innovative Flex Drive Mark IV System, which is uniquely engineered to retract the propeller into the hull when beaching or when running over submerged obstacles. Bringing all of these features together, makes the Coosa FD a highly versatile fishing platform ready to fish “right out of the box”.
- Large front and rear hatches with heavy duty latch system
- Huge rear tank well, perfectly sized for an Orion Core 45
- Bungee-less bow design, make it virtually ‘snag-free’
- Molded-in rod tip protectors
- Tons of gear track from bow to stern allow you to rig it your way
- Included deck pads for comfortable standing (and to keep it quiet when you drop stuff)
- Easy to access hand steering system
- A four-hole bolt pattern on the stern to support accessories such as the PowerPole and Torqeedo trolling motor mount adaptor
New for 2022!
- Pass-through for electronics make it easier for through-hull wiring of fish finders
- A more robust hatch seal to keep the inside of your kayak drier when tackling waves and downpours.
- Fore-aft trimming EZ Hi-Lo Seat System (Patented) gives you the flexibility in seating to make sure that you are always in the most comfortable position possible. Learn more here >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdE0FHM1tXY
- Our new Flex Drive Mark IV (Patented) is the product of four years of constant evolution. The latest version of our amazing Flex Drive is faster, quieter and more durable than ever before. Learn more about the Flex Drive Mark IV here >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCX2_7Pbfek User Manual for Flex Drive Mark IV >> https://jacksonadventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/334_Belt-Drive-Manual-BV8.pdf. Explore the new Mark IV Drive, here >> https://hub.jacksonkayak.com/flex-drive-mark-iv/
This hull performs beautifully on lakes, rivers, inshore and even offshore salt environments. The combination of one of the best-designed all-around kayaks and the Flex Drive Mark IV make this a leading combination for hands-free kayak angling in a wide array of waterways!
2022 Accessories (included with new boat purchase):
- Bow Hatch Storage Bin
- 1x YakAttack Omega Rod Holder
- Long Load Flag
Coosa FD Videos
I’ve purchased two used “like new” and fully equipped Coosa FDs with double bunk trailer. My first kayak, and after only having a canoe, I’m very satisfied. Have only been out a few times and had a great time. Fishing from a kayak was easer than I was expecting. Overall very happy with my Coosas.
It would be 5 starts if the seat was better. For the almost 4k price tag the seat needs to be redesigned for more comfort.
I would also recommend that Jackson make the seat usable for the older coosa fd models.
The layout, stability, fish ability, storage of this platform is awesome. The seat sucks, 5 to 6 hrs and ur done. Jackson kayak I sure hope y'all make a new seat soon, or I'll have to switch brands. Can't fish with a back ache.
Greatings from Melbourne AU. I've had the coosa fd (2019) model for a year now and I'm loving it. Originally tracking was a little of but I upgraded the rudder to the rudder on the current version. I'm fishing in open salt water and all the metal parts are holding up well in the saltwater. The kayak is very stable and its easy to stand up in and its easy to move around the kayak and acces the storage areas. The drive and kayak are reasonably fast and responsive and the drive is easy to maintain, install, deploy and to retract. The kayak body itself and the hatches feel very solid and seal well. The steering takes a little getting used to but after a few times on the water it becomes second nature. Overall a great yak!!!
One year reviews
The only bad thing I have to say is,it can use a transducer support for a $3000 kayak.Everything else about it,is pretty good.
Coosa FD 3D
I've always been a paddle guy, loving the Jackson Kraken's and Cuda LT. I have a 2020 Coosa FD 3D and have been out fishing from it three times and LOVE it. The two seat positions are perfect. I have been using the high position. The easy ability to move the seat up and back to get the best position to pedal is super. Under the seat I have made great use of the tackle/tool tray. The large rudder control knobs are great and I love the ability to control the rudder with one hand while fishing and holding the rod with the other. Pedaling is smooth and having the two postions for normal and shallow water is very nice, or stowed for "very" shallow water. I've paddled the Coosa FD and yes, somewhat wide, but it does paddle nicely. Something that came in handy fishing in wind blowing me towards where I was casting is the "backup" ability. WOW! Allowed me to back right out of where I was fishing. Yes, I was little skeptical, but I love this boat!