Kilroy(2 reviews) Write a Review
The Original Kilroy is back with all the features you love, in this updated, limited edition for 2022! This much-loved kayak gives you all the features of our top-of-the-line sit-on-top platforms, in a lightweight and speedy sit-inside design. Just like the original, the new Kilroy OG features the same superior stability thanks to a design that puts the standing area below the waterline.
- Enormous amounts of protected storage for fishing and hunting gear
- Protected rod storage in tubes along the sidewalls
- Strategically located accessory mounting locations on tons of gear track
- Our dual-layered standing pad which is great for sound dampening and super-comfortable for standing and fishing
- New for 2022, the Kilroy now features Jackson’s EZ Hi-Lo Seating System (Patented)! Take comfort to new levels, and raise and lower your seat with one hand. Learn more here >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdE0FHM1tXY
Tailored for the outdoorsman, the Kilroy OG offers features for the kayak angler, hunter, wildlife photographer, bird watcher, and anyone hoping to enjoy being on the water all while staying high and dry!
2022 Accessories (included with new boat purchase):
- Long load road flag for to hang off your boat for the long trips
- 5" Fun Guy Jackson Kayak logo decal to put anywhere you want
- JK Stand-Assist Strap
- Omega rod holder
Length: 12'4" • Weight: 71 lbs • Width: 31"
I have been camping and fishing in my Kilroy for six years now. It is roomy enough for all my camping and fishing gear. I have done three-day trips on rivers, and it carries everything I need. But the hull design isn't great. Contrary to what the company says, this kayak does not track well at all. Once you stop paddling, it immediately starts to turn and will turn 180 degrees quickly. In fact, it appears that the kayak would prefer to go backwards. If you have exceptional balance, you can stand and fish. I can only do this if I paddle into heavy vegetation, which gives it the extra needed friction on the bottom to be stable. Another design flaw is the bow and stern where it meets the water. If you try to turn cross-current, the current grabs the bow or stern and turns you hard. This is extremely hazardous on moving water. But the boat is stable when you are in the lower seating position, and I find the Kilroy to be a very good fishing platform. It is heavier than it should be, it is built from thick, dense plastic. The many bungie cords all lost elasticity within three years, and I have replaced them all (they are a non-standard size, so this was no simple. task). The seat is very comfortable; I often am in the kayak for 10-12 hour days though I do get out when needed to have lunch or do a restroom break in the woods. I'm happy with it, but it is FAR from ideal. When it becomes unserviceable, I won't buy another.
Simple, functional, classic design
This is probably the best fishing kayak Jackson ever put out. Plenty of storage. Not too heavy. Tracks well. All kinds of ways to rig it out. Stable. I hope it never goes out of production. Just a fantastic fishing kayak.