YuPIK(7 reviews) Write a Review
Named for the native Alaskan peoples that coined the word “kayak” (qayaq), the Jackson YuPIK changes the very definition of versatility. The clean, open deck, infinite outfitting, rigging options and storage areas make it the most versatile kayak on the market. If you love to personalize your ride, the YuPIK is the kayak for you. Designed with an open, stable deck, the YuPik is as stand-able and roomy as any other boat in the Jackson line up.
- Bow to stern track systems, rigging solutions and storage pockets molded in along the entirety of the boat allows the modularity for you to rig for your adventure without limitation
- Strap-down gear track for 360° storage security
- Optional Hawg Trough Fishing Accessory Tray for even more options
- New for 2022, the YuPIK now features Jackson’s EZ Hi-Lo Seating System (Patented)! Take comfort to new levels, and raise and lower your seat with one hand. Learn more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdE0FHM1tXY
- Four spots along the sidewall of the YuPIK keep tackle boxes (3640 Plano) close at hand, yet out of the way
- Scooped bow allows easier storage of soft goods such as tents, dry bags, decoy bags, etc
- Seat-side tackle stagers to embed those hooks and keep them from rolling loose in your boat
- Front scupper hole accommodates many larger transducer sizes, making installation of fish finder units a snap
- A four-hole bolt pattern on the stern to support accessories such as the PowerPole and Torqeedo trolling motor mount adaptor
Excellent tracking and stability make it a great boat for small lakes, ponds, large lakes, and saltwater inshore paddling. Huge storage and tie down areas make the YuPIK ideally suited for long paddles, as well as overnight and multi day camping trips.
2022 Accessories (included with new boat purchase):
- 1x YakAttack Omega Rod Holder
- Long Load Flag
- Stand Assist Strap
- 5" JK Sticker
1 - Click on Artifical Reality button above to get 3D view,
2 - Click View in Real Life to load up QR code,
3 - Scan QR code using your smart phone camera,
4 - Open in your browser (prompt will appear),
5 - Find a spot in your room, follow instructions till boat appears.
Yupik - Not a fan of the weak track system
This is my third Jackson kayak. I very much enjoy the stability, openness of the yak, and the adjustability of the seat. The yak ride somewhat slower, due to it's width, but it's a pleasure for fishing. I'm not a fan of the long tracks on the side of the yak. The track system is mounted to the yak with thin little screws. Having the foot pegs attached to the outside tracks puts a huge amount of stress on the tracks. Basically, all of those little screws loosen up all the time. I'm now trying to figure out the best solution to keep those screws in (PTFE tape, CA glue, epoxy, thicker screw...). The other option would be to purchase the foot brace from the Mayfly. I'm not sure how comfortable that would be? I'm hoping Jackson will help me out with this issue.
Bought mine spring of 2020, kayaked a ton, fished,kayak camped,rivers,lakes,streams,some rough water. I love it! Plenty of room for my dog too!
I've used this kayak tandem with my wife or a child, solo paddled, motorized, and while fishing. It's very versatile with the sliding seat and unmatched track/tie-down options. It's surprisingly efficient to paddle, and easy to handle. The seat hurt my rear end (a lot) on my first 4-hour outing, but once I loosened the straps under the seat, it got extremely comfortable. The bag that hangs on the back of the seat gapes open and doesn't hold things as securely as it could, but I didn't even know it had a bag when I bought it, so no big deal. All in all, I enthusiastically recommend this kayak.
Awesome. Tracks well, very stable, unlimited space for fishing, camping, taking the dog along, or 2 people. Extremely pleased!
Careful where you buy
Love the room and the amount of accessories I can put in this boat. I would definitely order from Jackson. I ordered mine from Kayak City and it was damaged and have gotten no reply back from them in almost 3weeks now via email or phone. Have been able to fix most of the damage according to Jackson's method but not able to repair all of it but good enough to enjoy it. Highly recommend this if you love accessorize and still have room after doing so.