YuPIK(7 reviews) Write a Review
Named for the native Alaskan peoples that coined the word “kayak” (qayaq), the Jackson YuPIK changes the very definition of versatility. The clean, open deck, infinite outfitting, rigging options and storage areas make it the most versatile kayak on the market. If you love to personalize your ride, the YuPIK is the kayak for you. Designed with an open, stable deck, the YuPik is as stand-able and roomy as any other boat in the Jackson line up.
- Bow to stern track systems, rigging solutions and storage pockets molded in along the entirety of the boat allows the modularity for you to rig for your adventure without limitation
- Strap-down gear track for 360° storage security
- Optional Hawg Trough Fishing Accessory Tray for even more options
- New for 2022, the YuPIK now features Jackson’s EZ Hi-Lo Seating System (Patented)! Take comfort to new levels, and raise and lower your seat with one hand. Learn more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdE0FHM1tXY
- Four spots along the sidewall of the YuPIK keep tackle boxes (3640 Plano) close at hand, yet out of the way
- Scooped bow allows easier storage of soft goods such as tents, dry bags, decoy bags, etc
- Seat-side tackle stagers to embed those hooks and keep them from rolling loose in your boat
- Front scupper hole accommodates many larger transducer sizes, making installation of fish finder units a snap
- A four-hole bolt pattern on the stern to support accessories such as the PowerPole and Torqeedo trolling motor mount adaptor
Excellent tracking and stability make it a great boat for small lakes, ponds, large lakes, and saltwater inshore paddling. Huge storage and tie down areas make the YuPIK ideally suited for long paddles, as well as overnight and multi day camping trips.
2022 Accessories (included with new boat purchase):
- 1x YakAttack Omega Rod Holder
- Long Load Flag
- Stand Assist Strap
- 5" JK Sticker
1 - Click on Artifical Reality button above to get 3D view,
2 - Click View in Real Life to load up QR code,
3 - Scan QR code using your smart phone camera,
4 - Open in your browser (prompt will appear),
5 - Find a spot in your room, follow instructions till boat appears.
Before purchasing my YuPIK, finding reviews proved difficult - unsure if it was because it's a new boat or just not a quick mover. Because of that, I'll be as thorough as possible for those looking at them.
To preface, I've been fishing from a Cuda 14 for the past 5 years, which I'll be comparing it to.
Thus far, I've taken my YuPIK on about 15 river miles, and about 4 hours over a flat lake. All I can say is, "Wow". Something about paddling my YuPIK brings a child-like smile to my face. Coming from my Cuda, the stability I have on the YuPIK is overwhelming. I could stand from my Cuda, confidently, only in select water conditions. After 30 minutes on my YuPIK I was SUPing through class I, II & II+ rapids without even thinking twice. Didn't even know that could be a, 'thing'. The length, at just over 12', gives a good blend of maneuverability & speed. The endless ways to customize via the track system is obvious, so I won't spend time discussing.
In my opinion, Jackson has hit the sweet spot in engineering a nearly perfect kayak fishing platform.
Beginners will love it for its simplicity & comfort. Other veteran kayak anglers will love it for the ability to build it to your specs. In my opinion, the more experienced you are fishing from a kayak & in tune with what you need & want, the more you can appreciate what the YuPIK brings to the table and its deck setup malleability.
Jackson, you did it again. Homerun. And I will add, from the customer service folks I've interacted with, to the warehouse folks I've spoken with, I've had nothing but great experiences. Special thanks to the warehouse team who sent my boat to me early so I could have my Yupik in time for a river trip I had planned.
I will be a Jackson advocate & customer for as long as I'm able to command a kayak. Great company, best in class product, but more importantly, great people driving the company day-to-day.
Make it your own
I got the YuPIK for a quick trip boat, in and out ... and have been overwhelmed with the amount you can customize this kayak. The tracks run all up and down this kayak allowing you to let your imagination run wild. The open platform also makes this a perfect kayak to bring my dog along for the ride!